Why become a member? ×

I need a cabinet Design?

Archetype

Hey everyone,
I am getting my mits on a bunch of Delta 12 speakers and decided to build my bass rig.
First a bit of background. I play the ol metal stuff so want something that will give me a lot of grit yet keep the bass. to get this right two amps usually work best. Since I don't drive i need something portable and movable so size is important.

Amp wise I am looking for a Ampeg BSP preamp with a dual channel power amp.
So, Spec wise I was thinking having a 2x12 would be best. however having each one on a separate input with an extension socket would be even better. This way i can have one speaker to focus on the bass (which im looking for low deep bass, very little mids or highs) and the second being the gritty distortion sound with a lot less bass. The extension socket allowing me to build 2 for the bigger gigs.

I guess is like 2 1x12 cabs in one.

Anyway. I have no clue on speaker designs since ive never done it so i need to learn, or if anyone has some designs even better :)
Important parts is portability, so possibly even suitcase style would be fantastic.

God im picky!! :rolleyes:

Cheers
Gordon

Probably best making 2 1x12s then, one ported and big, and one smaller and maybe sealed, although the delta speakers might not be ideal for the latter. You'd have to downlaod and learn to use WinISD to be able to tell really. A 2x12 ported box should give you plenty of bottom if its big enough, maybe 4x10 sized would be ideal. Then do a seperate 2x12 with guitar speakers in it for the drive. That would own.

If you are determined to have the 2 in the same box, with different signals, make sure they are isolated from eachother by a divider. This is not a very practical way of doing things though.

Best plan is make a good cab using them, and get another cab for a dual setup.

[quote name='Archetype' post='642833' date='Nov 1 2009, 04:05 PM']Hey everyone,
I am getting my mits on a bunch of Delta 12 speakers[/quote]
Sell them. Delta 12s are poorly suited to electric bass.
When it comes to building a cab the best route is to find a tested design and then load it with drivers that are recommended for it.