Why become a member? ×

Bass strings; *new* 4/5 string sets

I bought a whole load of new strings a while back and find that as I am clearing out basses and gear I'll have less need for the likes of these strings!

Warwick EMP 'coated' 4 string Long Scale - 45/65/85/105 x 1 set £21 inc P&P
[s]Hartke Nickel Wound Hex core 5 string Long Scale (or you can obviously throw away/give away the B string and you have a 4 string set :) ) - 40/60/75/95/125 or 40/60/75/95 :lol: x 1 set £7 inc P&P[/s]
[s]Hartke Nickel Wound Hex core 5 string Long Scale (or you can obviously throw away/give away the B string and you have a 4 string set :rolleyes: ) - 50/70/85/105/135 or 50/70/85/105 :lol: x [s]four[/s] [s]three[/s] 2 sets £7 inc P&P[/s]

The Hartke strings may be cheap but don't be fooled, they are still decent strings. Colour coded ball ends show striking similarity to another more expensive manufacturer. :lol:

Edited by warwickhunt

Mine have arrived too. Don't worry, we never doubted you...actually...what's this free gift!? Have I missed out? :)

Cheers. I hope the money helps you forward in your search for the ultimate lightweight.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='644534' date='Nov 3 2009, 05:38 PM']Not at all man. My main gigging bass in my originals band is a 5 banger. I just don't go on about it much. :rolleyes:[/quote]

'Walk softly and carry a big guitar'... is that what I think it is? A Dawn Of War reference? haha. I hope that is what it is, being a nerd with other people is one thing...by yourself it's a whole new world of embarrassing pains.

Edited by benzies123

[quote name='benzies123' post='644738' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:29 PM']Mine have arrived too. Don't worry, we never doubted you...actually...what's this free gift!? Have I missed out? :rolleyes:

Cheers. I hope the money helps you forward in your search for the ultimate lightweight.

'Walk softly and carry a big guitar'... is that what I think it is? A Dawn Of War reference? haha. I hope that is what it is, being a nerd with other people is one thing...by yourself it's a whole new world of embarrassing pains.[/quote]

No conspiracy re. the free gift! :lol: I simply restrung one of my 4 string basses with a set of the Hartke 5's and I bunged the spare B string in the package that I thought was going to a 5 string player. :lol: :)

[quote name='benzies123' post='644738' date='Nov 3 2009, 09:29 PM']'Walk softly and carry a big guitar'... is that what I think it is? A Dawn Of War reference? haha. I hope that is what it is, being a nerd with other people is one thing...by yourself it's a whole new world of embarrassing pains.[/quote]
Nope you're on yer own there bud. :rolleyes: It's actually from a quote by Teddy Roosevelt which I always thought sounded cool and a wee bit Buddhist so nicked it and changed it for bass. I've always hoped it doesn't mean anything significant State-side as I have it in a sig in a US based forum too.... and no one mentions it their either. :)