Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX270J for sale

deathpanda

It's the bass as described [url="http://www.pjsmusicservices.co.uk/prod5.asp?ID=262&offset=&prod_id=388"]here[/url]. It says 199 quid there, but I'm willing to take offers with a starting price of £120. It's in almost mint condition apart from some very tiny dents at the tip of the headstock (I don't know if this is common for you all, but I [i]always[/i] manage to chip or dent the tip of the headstock).

I play it at home through a 100w Laney Linebacker, and sometimes a Marshall B25 MKII and it sounds beautiful through both amps. It has 3 knobs; a balance, master tone and volume, and they are all very effective and enable you to get a wide variety of sounds. The reason I am selling this is simple; I need funds for a Geddy Lee signature!

[b]Pictures will be up soon[/b], and more info if anyone wants it. As for postage, it will be £10 standard mail, or if you want a specific courier, I will find out the price.

It isn't much, but [url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/death-panda"]here's my ebay profile[/url] as I'm a first time seller on here.

*edit* PICS UP!
*edit2* [b]60 QUID, take it or leave, not bumping any more.[/b]

sorry about the cat food, didn't cross my mind to move it...

Please excuse my crap photography! And if anyone does buy this, I will give it a proper clean.

Edited by deathpanda

[quote name='deathpanda' post='638702' date='Oct 28 2009, 02:19 AM']It's the bass as described [url="http://www.pjsmusicservices.co.uk/prod5.asp?ID=262&offset=&prod_id=388"]here[/url]. It says 199 quid there, but I'm willing to take offers with a starting price of £120. It's in almost mint condition apart from some very tiny dents at the tip of the headstock (I don't know if this is common for you all, but I [i]always[/i] manage to chip or dent the tip of the headstock).

I play it at home through a 100w Laney Linebacker, and sometimes a Marshall B25 MKII and it sounds beautiful through both amps. It has 3 knobs; a balance, master tone and volume, and they are all very effective and enable you to get a wide variety of sounds. The reason I am selling this is simple; I need funds for a Geddy Lee signature!

[b]Pictures will be up soon[/b], and more info if anyone wants it. As for postage, it will be £10 standard mail, or if you want a specific courier, I will find out the price.

It isn't much, but [url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/death-panda"]here's my ebay profile[/url] as I'm a first time seller on here.

*edit* I should also note it has been gigged with once and is very dependable.[/quote]

[b]WELCOME!![/b]

[url="https://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=30&m2=10&m3=6&w=0.6&[email protected]&cm=1&dest=UK&col=UK"]parcel2go.com...i use them a lot now[/url]

their standard 24-48 hour delivery via dhl is 8.99 plus vat...a tenner...and if you put in your bass in a box or case sizes you will see they still come out....8.99+vat
damn good value...
insurance is extra and is only covered for £50...take a chance?

be watching your bass...cheers

**PICS**

Edited by mrcrow

[quote name='mrcrow' post='639954' date='Oct 29 2009, 12:29 PM'][b]WELCOME!![/b]

[url="https://www.parcel2go.com/Quote-page.aspx?m1=30&m2=10&m3=6&w=0.6&[email protected]&cm=1&dest=UK&col=UK"]parcel2go.com...i use them a lot now[/url]

their standard 24-48 hour delivery via dhl is 8.99 plus vat...a tenner...and if you put in your bass in a box or case sizes you will see they still come out....8.99+vat
damn good value...
insurance is extra and is only covered for £50...take a chance?

be watching your bass...cheers

**PICS**[/quote]

bumo!!

I had one of these in natural Yellow Satin...I put Basslines 1/4 pounders in it...AWESOME!
I sold it here cause I didnt play it now more...sweet bass, easy to play and built VERY well!
it's prob the finish on it that makes it look plain but it's well worth it and £60 now?
Seriously people, go for it!!!

[quote name='Kongo' post='645867' date='Nov 4 2009, 11:56 PM']I had one of these in natural Yellow Satin...I put Basslines 1/4 pounders in it...AWESOME!
I sold it here cause I didnt play it now more...sweet bass, easy to play and built VERY well!
it's prob the finish on it that makes it look plain but it's well worth it and £60 now?
Seriously people, go for it!!![/quote]

Thanks for that, but I think the lack of interest is due to this place being mainly used for selling vintage and just downright sexy basses. This is no place for a simple RBX!

[quote name='deathpanda' post='645913' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:36 AM']Thanks for that, but I think the lack of interest is due to this place being mainly used for selling vintage and just downright sexy basses. This is no place for a simple RBX![/quote]

if only i had £60 pound lying around...maybe ill look in a few weeks if its still here....hmmmmm

Awwwww man! I'f I'd seen this on wednesday, I'd have been all over it, I just bought a brand new one for £150 (also, maybe that's why yours isn't being sold?) It's ripe for modding - in goes a 1/4 pounder and maybe a villex in the bridge... But yeah anyway have an unnecessary bump, and my hearty recommendation of these basses, I played mine for 3 hours straight after it arrived yesterday morning, the stock spec is great. Someone grab a bargain! Then spend what you've saved on shameless upgrades :-)

[quote name='bassmandan' post='648010' date='Nov 7 2009, 12:33 PM']you're not selling either of these too are you?[/quote]

Unfortunately not the Laney, it's really old and it was my first ever amp, I got given it way before I started even playing an instrument. The Marshall though, I wouldn't mind trading it for something small. It's a 60W practice amp and it sounds great with my ovation acoustic and yamaha bass.

[quote name='deathpanda' post='645913' date='Nov 5 2009, 01:36 AM']Thanks for that, but I think the lack of interest is due to this place being mainly used for selling vintage and just downright sexy basses. This is no place for a simple RBX![/quote]
Dunno about that. Perhaps you just need to be patient and keep bumping. Christmas is coming, and at that price, it's ideal for a beginner.

BAD NEWS... the past few months have been nothing but disappointment for me (generally speaking) and yesterday when I took my bass to college as usual, it slid and fell from the wall on which it was leaning on, and the headstock split ever so slightly... A day later, the crack runs up the side of the headstock... I can fix this and redo all the intonation and stuff if needed, so if you still want it after bearing this in mind, it is still available to buy.