Why become a member? ×

my precision project....

marcus bell

hi everyone ive been posting on here for a while now but this is my first project bass so :) good times!
So here we go ive just traded my ashdown head and cab for a few things and this was part of the deal...a precision bass copy with a fretted and also a fretless neck ive got my squier jazz bass modified so thats all the fretless ill ever need its perfect, so anyways this bass when i got it was natural with a rosewood board and a fender style bridge and an emg select pickup and a pearrl pickguard its also got a smallish headstock rather reminiscent of a gb or something, and a rather scruffily added jazz pickup in the bridge position. So the things i have done are:
took out the jazz pickup and this is for sale
added a used badass 1 bridge which is great.
And set up the neck to action perfection and slapped some new strings on it.

The things i have got pllaned for it are:
to fill the jazz bass pickup hole
to cut the bottom of the headstock flat and then add a bigger piece of wood and cut it to fender diimensions.
Maybe add decal blocks to the fingerboard and then laquer it again. Satin or gloss not sure?
To refinish the body in black or white not sure yet? And maybe a slight relic finish
matching head is a definate and a fender decal will be applied.
Black scratchplate and maybe the covers?
Maybe got some better tuners and a detuner for the e string. To allow drop d's easily

My intention is to make a bass that is great for everyday use and is reliable and great looking...and as close to a real fender as possible...aswell as keeping the costs down as much as possible
i will add pictures as much as i can throughout.

Could people maybe give me some advice and suggestions....:rolleyes:

thanks
marcus

x