Why become a member? ×

Bass or the wife

4 candles

[quote name='teej' post='631766' date='Oct 20 2009, 08:30 PM']She'd have to go. The instant I gave up music a timebomb of dissatisfaction and resentment would start ticking away, and it would only be a matter of time before the relationship exploded anyway.[/quote]

Haha great comment and very true........ if you love music the only way to get married is to marry a musician.......... or a least someone who is really into music or the arts, mere humans do not understand where you come from our how you think......

[quote name='dan670844' post='1006761' date='Oct 30 2010, 09:10 PM']Haha great comment and very true........ if you love music the only way to get married is to marry a musician.......... or a least someone who is really into music or the arts, mere humans do not understand where you come from our how you think......[/quote]

Not always true

When I met my now wife (15 yrs ago) I was playing in 3 bands out doing evening gigs, and saturday weddings, and her interests where completely different and still are

I stopped playing for a number of years when our kids where young, this was not enforced and she supported my other interests during that time (playing footy and doing martial arts)

Back into playing for a few years now and with her full support

I have supported her in her interests also, we just have to make sure the diaries work with kids stuff and have some time together also, its all good

Did not play to marry or not marry a musician, in fact the girl I dated before (great friend) was a singer, but we could never have made a marriage work

[quote name='4 candles' post='631750' date='Oct 20 2009, 07:19 PM']Howdy, A hypathetical question.

If your wife(a non musician) gave you an ultimatum. Stop doing your gigs or we will have to part company.

what would your answer be?

bear in mind you live a very comfortable life with a good lookin girl(who you love dearly) who is also very pleasant and who has enough of her own money as not to drain your resources.

any (hypathetical) advice? Would love to hear it

also bear in mind "you weren't a musician when I met you" was the conversation starter
"but Ive just got better" was the reply[/quote]

I play in two bands, do dep work, am involved in various local folk clubs (3 weeks out of 4 each month) and am doing some recording work as well.
Some of that pays, some of it doesn't but gets me more dep and studio work that does.
The recording work will result in an all expenses paid trip to Belgium for her next summer when I go on tour.
Anything I spend on gear comes out of what I earn as a muso (or "tart" as my wife calls it!) and anything left over goes back into various things in the house.

Easy answer for me... bye then :)

Edited by icastle