Why become a member? ×

gone Warwick Thumb NT 4 1990

nobodysprefect

Greeneking's four-string Thumb is a rocking bass! I just don't play fours anymore. What sets this bass apart from most warwicks on sale is the wenge neck which is not available even at the street price of 2700e (per Thomann.de) of neck-through thumb basses. The Ovangkol necks are generally considered quite unwieldy, while this bass has a really slick and easy-playing neck. Just so you know. :) Thunderous tone and easy playability. Everything works perfectly and you can tell Peter takes good care of his instruments.

The bass is in great condition with only very minor marks which I didn't get to show too well in the photos. I can try to snap better pics of the marks, but I'm sure Greeneking would be happy to confirm their scarcity. I'd like to get about 1150 pounds for it.

Edited by nobody's prefect

Indeed you are right John. This is I suppose the classic era NT Thumb bass. If you equate Warwicks with 'clubby' necks then you need to think again.

If I wasn't playing 5 string basses pretty much exclusively this would still be mine but the opportunity to pair my NS5 with a Euro 5LX was too much of a temptation.

Ville is a real gent to deal with.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='630695' date='Oct 19 2009, 09:46 PM']Indeed you are right John. This is I suppose the classic era NT Thumb bass. If you equate Warwicks with 'clubby' necks then you need to think again.

If I wasn't playing 5 string basses pretty much exclusively this would still be mine but the opportunity to pair my NS5 with a Euro 5LX was too much of a temptation.

Ville is a real gent to deal with.

Peter[/quote]

Many thanks Peter! You were quite personable yourself, as I recall. And it is indeed a shame this is a four-stringer, it'd be a keeper otherwise. If I was sure this would be a collectable like, say, early Fenders I'd keep it as an investment, but I don't know, warwicks were produced in too large numbers for that to happen, surely? Besides, part of that Fender mystique comes from there only being Fender bass and some other basses back then. (Sorry Gibson lovers)

Oh, and to keep stuff moving (and the wife happy) I'm lowering the asking price a little. How does 1150 pounds shipped sound?