Why become a member? ×

***WITHDRAWN***Status S2

dangee

Mike’s Shuker (also in this section) has me hankering after something more traditional (i.e. a Fender clone). The Status has set me back quite a bit so I’d prefer to lessen the hit by trading (and not selling). I’m not in a massive hurry, but would be interested to see if there are any trade options about.

The specs are: Status S2 Classic, Thru-neck, 4 string, headless, fretted. Figured maple top, mahogany body, walnut tone block, vintage amber sunburst. I bought it new six months ago for £1800. The current price list has it at £1975 (plus £125 for the finish) before the cost of the LEDs. It has since had SIMS front and side LEDs added at a cost of a further £300. The bass is mint and would come with the Status branded Hiscox case and all of its original documentation.

Edited by dangee

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='629440' date='Oct 18 2009, 01:25 PM']Good luck with the trade. :)[/quote]

Cheers.

Just to clarify (after a couple of PMs raised the questions)...I'm after a Fender clone (though I wouldn't rule out other manufacturers) and I am looking for a bass of a similar value...not bass + cash deals.

Thanks,

Dan

[quote name='mrmaffo' post='630404' date='Oct 19 2009, 03:01 PM']So am i right in thinking that you wont accept cash offers for this bass?[/quote]

I have it as a trade at the moment as I think I'll get better value (though I could be wrong). It's also my only bass (my spare is in the shop) so a direct sale could leave me without a bass, which would be a problem. That being said, if it was a great offer I'd certainly consider it!