Why become a member? ×

Boss Chorus CE-1 fully working

ShergoldSnickers

I've decided to let you esteemed Basschat members have first crack at this one. OK, the specs:

UK model, the usual stereo/mono output, and everything is working, though the input level control pot is slightly crackly on sweeping it round. It has been gigged in the past and suffers the usual scuffs, scratches and paint wear. Not quite pristine I'll grant you! It is effectively two effects in one, a chorus - warm and rich - as well as a vibrato that actually works.

A bit of a legend apparently, with examples on eBay going for $450 over the last year. I'll let it go for £200 as I'm not using it, being in a naked sound phase at the moment. :huh:

I'll arrange special delivery to the buyer (there's optimism for you :) ), and charge at no extra cost.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='67501' date='Sep 29 2007, 09:21 PM']That is in amazing condition for a CE-1 and thats a pretty decent price as well.

For the guitarists out there this is the Andy Summers chorus/vibe sound.

Good luck with the sale[/quote]
Thanks tayste! I'd sooner have it go via Basschat if possible, although it's really a guitar orientated pedal, it can sound stunning with a bass. This was recorded in the 80s - on a 4 track cassette I hasten to add. It's just the last dying moments of a track where I got a few moments glory, but it shows both the chorus and vibrato off nicely.

[url="http://homepage.mac.com/ianhalstead/Sites/Basschat/BossChorus.mp3"]Victim, by Sign Language[/url]

Edit: I'd put vibtato instead of vibrato. :)

"This is the first item in the start of the Ann Summers vegetable range - the Vibtato...." :huh:

Edited by ShergoldSnickers