Why become a member? ×

62 Reissue Fender Jazz Bass TAKEN OFF SALE

petergales

I'm having to down size my collection of basses so, reluctantly, am selling my USA 62 reissue Jazz Bass.

I have had this bass for just about a year now, having bought it new from The Bass Centre. It is a beautiful instrument and is still a current line in the Fender range so the detailed spec can be found on the Fender website. Briefly, this bass is in sunburst with a rosewood fingerboard and has the stacked knob volume and tone controls. It comes with a vintage case, covers (still wrapped in tissue), string mutes, strap, cable and all the tags, etc. It is in immaculate condition (see pictures attached) and would set you back nearly £1,500 to buy new today. I'm letting this one go for £1,200 ovno.

If you are interested, send me a PM for contact details.

Edited by petergales

[quote name='petergales' post='622472' date='Oct 10 2009, 03:31 PM']Thanks. What mods did you have done on yours?

Pete[/quote]

Nothing too radical- just some useful stuff for a workhorse bass! I've changed the original pickups for Nordstrand NJ4s, fitted a series/parallel toggle switch onto the control plate, and finally copper-shielded and star-grounded the electronics. I also stripped the original black nitro finish down to bare wood!

[quote name='Etienne' post='622549' date='Oct 10 2009, 05:35 PM']Nothing too radical- just some useful stuff for a workhorse bass! I've changed the original pickups for Nordstrand NJ4s, fitted a series/parallel toggle switch onto the control plate, and finally copper-shielded and star-grounded the electronics. I also stripped the original black nitro finish down to bare wood![/quote]

Wow! There's no answer to that! I bet it sounds wicked

Regards

Pete