Why become a member? ×

I just wee'd a little

TRadford

The Customised OLP Tony Levin I bought from Rayman (Russ) just arrived.

Firstly, the colour. On the pictures, it looked quite peachy, and I wasnt sure about it. In the wood however, its much more natural, if not a little custardy. Its probably not to everyones taste, but I have fallen in love with it.

Secondly, even before plugging it in, I tuned the strings up as Russ had loosened them off for shipping, and I could tell straight away that the noise it made was miles away from my Dean and Yammy. It sounded so bright. He mentioned it probably could do with new strings, which I shall do, but if it sounds that good unplugged with dead strings, I cant wait to hear it with new ones!

Thirdly, the sound!.. This is where the little accident happened. It sounds so good! I hadnt even touched the eq settings and it just sounded perfect. Exactly what I wanted. I cant slap for crap at the moment, but even with my paultry effort it sounded good. Its completely silent when not being played, no hum, no hiss, just silence. The action is low, but minimal fret buzz and the neck is smooth and narrower that the Dean.

Im one very happy man and think I may have got a bargain with this one!