Why become a member? ×

Greetings

Coloursound_Dave

Hi All,

My name is Dave, i've been playing the Bass for nearly 10 years now. I've been in a couple of bands, the most recent of which was the Coloursound Experiment, a funk/ska/electronica/rock band. I played bass in that band for about 3 years and did a few recordings and a load of gigs. I currently play a squier 70's reissue jazz bass through a peavey TNT 115 combo amplifier. I'd like the fender equivalent of my bass but unfortunately I can't afford the £1500+ price tag! The bass and amp are both great, really robust and reliable. I have been gigging with this equipment for several years now and it's never let me down. My style of playing is a mixture of funk, ska and rock although I'm starting to delve into the realms of jazz, african and even classical bass styles due to the influence of my teacher. I'm based in Cardiff and I understand that there is an event happening soon called the bass bash, so if any of you are South Wales based and thinking of going then i'd like to hear from you. I've always played 4 string basses but i'm thinking of buying a 5 string for the extra range. I've been having a look around and I like the look of the Ibanez ATK305 basses. If any of you have any opinions on these basses or have one for sale then please let me know.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,
Not heard of the bass bash but will check it out. I'm not far from Cardiff, in Magor, and play in The DeltaSonic Blues Club (see Youtube)
I haven't been playing as long as you - started as a collector of basses. Not sure about 5-strings - 4 has always been good enough for the greats but have a Musicman Bongo 5-string that I am trying to come to terms with. I get confused easily by the extra string!
Phil