Why become a member? ×

What Drill Does Paul Gilbert/Mr Big use on Daddy Brother Lover Little boy?

AttitudeCastle

Hey all!

My band wants to do A Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy cover at our next out door gig (a birthday in two months) we know the song but we want the drills!

I know he uses old Makita drills (the old one which slowly stop, and now they stop straight away! stupid technology!)

Plus we want to make some furniture for our practise garage/basement, so the drills will have two uses,

three even, our drummer uses a drill to tighten and loosen things really quickly

so, what does he use?

I mean specifically, what is the closed thing i could use which they make now

I "think" he uses one of there 7.2 volt cordless power drills

Thanks guys!
Adam

I think you'll find any speed adjustable cordless drill will do the job nicely. - I've used an electric screwdriver before with similar results but it didnt quite spin as quick as I would like.

I think the part that is more important is getting hold of the customised bit end with the pics on it.

I made my own out of a 'PCB standoff' - the type that has a screw in end and a large gibson plectrum - you know, the almost equilateral triangle shaped ones. You have to be a bit clever with the playing angle - but it does work.

However, I got bored of using the drill and just played the bass part with my fingers...fast ;o)

Guest leebass69

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='611069' date='Sep 28 2009, 05:55 PM']Hey all!

My band wants to do A Daddy Brother Lover Little Boy cover at our next out door gig (a birthday in two months) we know the song but we want the drills!

I know he uses old Makita drills (the old one which slowly stop, and now they stop straight away! stupid technology!)

Plus we want to make some furniture for our practise garage/basement, so the drills will have two uses,

three even, our drummer uses a drill to tighten and loosen things really quickly

so, what does he use?

I mean specifically, what is the closed thing i could use which they make now

I "think" he uses one of there 7.2 volt cordless power drills

Thanks guys!
Adam[/quote]
Whoa I'd love to see that! Never been brave enough to go quite that far with a drill so close :) Best of luck Adam

[quote name='dood' post='611857' date='Sep 29 2009, 12:45 PM']I think you'll find any speed adjustable cordless drill will do the job nicely. - I've used an electric screwdriver before with similar results but it didnt quite spin as quick as I would like.

I think the part that is more important is getting hold of the customised bit end with the pics on it.

I made my own out of a 'PCB standoff' - the type that has a screw in end and a large gibson plectrum - you know, the almost equilateral triangle shaped ones. You have to be a bit clever with the playing angle - but it does work.

However, I got bored of using the drill and just played the bass part with my fingers...fast ;o)[/quote]

thanks dan!

• 3 weeks later...