Why become a member? ×

Marshall MB4210

daznbass

Hi guys, Ive owned the marshall combo for 6 months.
its a great little set up.plenty of punch with great tone variation.
i bought the amp for convenience small enough to cart around,as
its purely for back line,i line out through our pa 1.2rig.
But the down side is.....the amp on its own is ok for the 50-60 capacity venue.
to get the full potential the extension cab is a must adding to the bottom end
the amp on its own lacks!
once you get the package then you will have a decent gigging rig for reasonable value.
I'm happy :)

• 3 months later...

I've got the MB4410, not so portable, but can (and has) stand up to those Marshall Half-stack JCM guitarists.

The tube pre-amp has a world of gain and makes my Seymour Duncans growl. Watts-wise it is huge. Now I play in a quieter band, I rarely run it past 5 on the (real) tube pre and 3 or 4 on the main out.
It's got two switchable channels, the tube "classic" and a sweepable 3-band "modern" with a built in compressor. You can blend these two channels for even more versatility. I must admit, I never use the amp compressor cos I run a EBS MultiComp.

The only downside is the size/weight of this combo, around 50kgs, but it'll fit in a small hatch with the back seats down.

I've never needed to run an extension, but the integral cab is 4ohm, as are the marshall extensions. This might put people with a collection of 8 ohm cabs off.

I'm changing to a Shuttle combo in the near future as the new band doesn't have a van. So if you want to try this beastie out, look out on the sale forum.

Chris

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...