Why become a member? ×

Pre EB Stingray

Les

This is the same model and colour of my 79. I thought mine was a bit rough but this makes mine look good.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370261904497&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]Here's the link[/url]

I'll be interested to see how much this sells for.

[quote name='Les' post='602173' date='Sep 18 2009, 01:11 PM']I'll be interested to see how much this sells for.[/quote]My guess is somewhere between £1399 and £1499. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note...
[quote]These early Stingrays have a sound that modern ones can only dream of![/quote]Is this strictly true? :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='602193' date='Sep 18 2009, 01:29 PM']On a more serious note...
Is this strictly true? :)[/quote]

Mmmm......not too sure about that. Mine is a nice bass, no doubt about it, but then again I've never played an Ernie Ball one so couldn't comment. Saying that I've seen loads of bands where the bass player's had a cheapy or no name bass and it's sounded great. Quality vintage stuff does have something about it but I don't really think they're any better than modern high endish stuff

Would like to try an EB one so I can hand it back to the guy saying "Cheers mate, that's really nice, for a copy" Just to be a tw@t and see the look on his face. :rolleyes: