Why become a member? ×

Hello hello from Scotland!

Curly Wurly

Hello! My name is Craig, and I'm from Scotland (as mentioned in the title). I started playing bass when I was about 7, it was the double bass, and I was one of about 4 people that tried the double bas most other people stayed with recorder :). So I played that for a couple of years, then upon reaching high school, I discovered that the double basses there were to large for me so I had to stop :rolleyes:. I changed to the electric bass, and have since been playing it.

My favourite playing style is funk, contrary to most other bassists in my school. I love the slap and pop style, so that's... what I do! I am in a band, which first started off with 4 of us, band members came and went, with just me and the lead guitarist staying loyal hehe. Our band started off sort of inidie, and ended up powerpop (if you don't know what that is, try listening to The Primitives or Transvision Vamp). There aren't many powerpop bands nowadays so we are quite unique, especially with my funk bass style. We have played live at a couple of gigs, and are playing next on November the 27th. Should be great fun :lol:.

I also made the bands website (which is currently down because I was borrowing a friends domain).

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and hopefully learn/improve some of my techniques. Thanks!

Thanks for such a warm welcome hehe. You can call me Craig, Beerdragon.

Hey Zoe, thanks, and I definitely will. We're hoping to get a proper domain soon, should be good haha.

I almost forgot to post my gear: I have a Shecter Stilletto Extreme 4 Cherry, and I'm using a 100W Ashdown Amp. Nice and loud ^_^.

Here's a picture from when I needed a haircut :):

Edited by Curly Wurly