Why become a member? ×

FS: Peavey PV 8.5c Power Amp ** SOLD **

Sharkfinger

Was bought about 5 year ago second hand and immediately checked over/serviced by a sound and light servicing company. The tech there said "these are the best amps I've ever seen".

Has been our primary PA amp ever since and stayed in our rack case. Has done at literally hundreds of gigs without any kind of problem. The sound quality is second to none. Those of you with stronger backs than me can naturally use this just as well as a bass amp as for a PA! We've just bought a more powerful amp and have a smaller one as backup so this is no longer needed.

[u][b]Features[/b][/u]
[list]
[*]Stereo mode: 550W @ 2 ohms x 2, 425W @ 4 ohms x 2 or 270W x 2 @ 8Ohms
[*]Bridge mode: 1100W @ 4 Ohms or 850W at 8Ohms
[*]THD less than 0.1%
[*]Front panel has a rocker mains switch, a resetable circuit-breaker, an LED power indicator, and dual LED DDT activation indicators
[*]The rear panel features 4 input jacks (1/4 inch) and 4 output jacks (1/4 inch)
[*]Power Transformer Shielded. Dual Secondary Outputs, one for each channel
[*]Each channel has its own independent Filter Capacitors
[*]Compact heatsink force-cooled with 5" fan
[*]Circuit Breaker on Front Panel
[*]3U Height
[*]20.5 Kg / 45 lbs
[*]Stereo, two channel mono and bridge modes
[/list]

In excellent cosmetic condition, with just a little rack rash and virtually no rust at all. Power cable has been shortened to about 1.5 feet, so is tidy in a rack. Can be lengthened if necessary. Can be picked up or delivered to (at fuel cost) North London or many locations in Essex.

Manual available [url="http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/PEAVEY/PV-8.5C-_E"]here[/url].

£145 o.n.o.

Edited by Sharkfinger

i really really really would buy this....

but i wouldn't be able to afford a cab that can handle 1000W or 500W lol

not the ones i want at least, (Ampeg SVT 410HLE or the one i really want, an Ampeg SVT-810E)

i can't afford either either way, so this power amp would just collect dust for the best part if not all of 12 months plus =S

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='603750' date='Sep 20 2009, 05:52 PM']i really really really would buy this....

but i wouldn't be able to afford a cab that can handle 1000W or 500W lol

not the ones i want at least, (Ampeg SVT 410HLE or the one i really want, an Ampeg SVT-810E)

i can't afford either either way, so this power amp would just collect dust for the best part if not all of 12 months plus =S[/quote]

OK, fair enough. FWIW, you don't really need to run this bridged all the time. I've been been running just one channel of my power amp going into a single cab for ages without problem. With an 8Ohm cab on a single channel it produces 270W, which most fairly modern cabs can easily handle. It would be great to put a cab on each channel until you can afford the big cab. You can easily do this by using a patch cable to put it into parallel mode.