Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT Skjold Custom Series 4 strings! New pics!

electriccheese

[quote name='J3ster' post='696951' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:54 AM']? Am I really wrong? I think you should be glad at the very best to get your money back on anything you buy these days. What are your options if you do not sell on here? Ebay!! How much would it go for on there?? Ok it's not on there so it's not really a valid point, but all the same.

I think it's a great Bass and its a good price but seeing that I knew I had seen it before and found the thread, it annoyed me a little..

I still think shipping is a deductable irrelevant cost.

But......... I apologise to Mr Cheese if I am wrong and I am sure whoever buys it will be over the moon. As I say the build quality and time Pete puts into these is amazing.

Good luck with your sale.[/quote]

Hi. The USA seller and I agree that I would sell the bass here to recover the money, since it was complicated to return it. You can talk with him to confirm.

I paid near 1750€ for this bass in total, and I put the original price in 1800€. There's a lot of basses that people buy like a bargain and then they sell them at the market price.

Then, the seller and I accorded that he refunds me 150$ for the big mistake he did. This via paypal at the change of two months ago are 95€ in my account. When I received the money, I raised the price.

I think the next time you can contact me before by pm, and then post what you want here. Now it's more difficult for me sell a bass that I can't play for the mistake of a seller.

Thanks to the other comments, and have a happy new year.

[quote name='J3ster' post='696951' date='Dec 31 2009, 08:54 AM']I still think shipping is a deductable irrelevant cost.[/quote]

I think it gets complicated when you're importing from overseas.

In general I tend to think of shipping within the UK as a 'lost' cost and generally wouldn't factor it into how much a bass has cost me. However I've bought quite a few basses over from the USA and if I have to use UPS (which some sellers insist on) then it's usually about $185 (£115). When you add VAT & import duties plus the additional 'hassle' of transferring funds then I feel it's Ok to factor to some of this in.

As an example I recently bought something over that cost me nearly £125 to ship, £25-£30 in transfer fees & £335 in duties & taxes. Even taking all this into account it was still cheaper than buying one in Europe so I thought it was worth it. I'd certainly feel justified in adding these costs into my valuation of the bass and, if sold, then it would still be cheaper than someone could get it locally (and I've dealt with the vaguely complicated stuff in getting it all organised & over from the USA).

Anyway, just my 2 pence worth & apologies for drifting off topic!

Lovely bass - hope it sells soon :)