Why become a member? ×

ohms

danbowskill

Looks like your combo's internal speakers are 4 ohm nominal impedance and that's also the amp's minimum so extension speakers needs to be either identical 4 ohm cabs and then specially wired in series (complicated!) or you can use a more sensitive 4 or 8 ohm cab and use it with the internal speakers disconnected. My gut feeling is you're probably better off shifting it and looking for a secondhand head/cab if it isn't loud enough.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='586752' date='Sep 1 2009, 06:57 PM']Looks like your combo's internal speakers are 4 ohm nominal impedance and that's also the amp's minimum so extension speakers needs to be either identical 4 ohm cabs and then specially wired in series (complicated!) or you can use a more sensitive 4 or 8 ohm cab and use it with the internal speakers disconnected. My gut feeling is you're probably better off shifting it and looking for a secondhand head/cab if it isn't loud enough.

Alex[/quote]
cheers mate,i used to have a 400w calsbro 8ohm cab i used to use on it and it blasted out a good un,i was thinking of a vx210 cab which is 200w 8ohms or peavey tvx210 175@8ohms,or might go for a small 15" mag/laney ritcher 15"just im not giging much now and need to downsize on a budget! :-(
any recomendations????(this cab is an extra to the 210s already in my combo)

Edited by danbowskill