Why become a member? ×

Why i'd never sell on eBay..

Machines

I have much better results with BIN and Best Offer. I've sold loads of guitars this year and made well over what I forecast by doing BIN with Best Offer.

Remember on Bass World there was that guy that got flamed for selling Stingrays he'd bought on ebay, cleaned, photographed nicely and then re-sold, he always did BIN. He definitely had the right approach to making a few quid but we all went psycho on him!

He claimed he wasn't a dealer but if you looked at his buying account history and compared it to the selling account history he was definitely dealing and not doing it as a hobby. He had a go at me on eBay when I was selling a Stingray 5, he reckoned my description was too similar to the one he had for a near identical instrument - he was just a little too tightly wrapped for my liking and he wasn't a bass player.

Hiya Sean,

>Remember on Bass World there was that guy that got flamed for selling Stingrays he'd bought on ebay, cleaned, photographed nicely and then re-sold, he always did BIN. He definitely had the right approach to making a few quid but we all went psycho on him!

That was me, still is - I didn't mind the flak, rather enjoyed it in fact - it was taking up too much time in the end though, so I left you all to it - I definitely have trading & music in my blood - combining the two is just fabulous - I took redundancy earlier this year, I now wish I'd left earlier !!

>He claimed he wasn't a dealer

No I never.

>He had a go at me on eBay when I was selling a Stingray 5, he reckoned my description was too similar to the one he had

I don't remember contacting you personally Sean, but every now & again someone just copies & pastes my listings which I think's a bit lazy - I take a lot of care in writing a listing, and I don't think it's fair if someone comes along & lifts it - and it's against eBay rules & you will get banned, so I was doing you a favour ;-)

Having said that, if asked nicely, I've always helped others on BW/BC with eBay selling.

>and he wasn't a bass player

Haaaaaaaaaaaa - I am too !! Read my eBay "About Me" - I'm out 3 times this week, and personally own about 12 basses (excluding those I'm selling) - and my main rig is (like yours I believe) a GK 700RB-II 210 plus 115 cab.

Sorry for taking the bait.

Thanks & best wishes !!

David :-)