Why become a member? ×

EVID / Arena 600W PA

Hi Everyone,

I'm selling a PA package on behalf of a friend, it's excellent, very lightweight and powerful. There's an Arena 12 channel powered mixer, with 8 mono and 2 stereo channels, the usual three-band shelving eqs on each channel, subgroups, inbuilt effects, a master graphic EQ, different output groups and loads of extra nifty features. It's internal amp delivers 300w per side at 8 ohms, and there's line outs so you can run bins in tandem as well if needed. It weighs around 10-15kg (purely guessed that figure though!), but that's the mixer, efx and amps all in one small package.

The cabs are the ever-popular EVIDs, I'm pretty sure they're the 6.2s, and are 300w; these are full range and great on their own, and also make great tops if you add bins for bigger gigs. These cabs are very sensitive (100db 1w/1m for those who care) o have a higher output than most regular PA cabs. They weigh around 5kg each, and the whole rig fits in the front seat of my car. They have recessed bolt attachments top and bottom, and extra washers are included. They also have hang tags which are very useful (suspend from light rig etc), and come with original wall brackets which are angle-marked, very adjustable and industrial strength. Rubber logos have been removed for a more low-profile look, and are included in the sale. These cabs have the standard spring-terminal cable mounts, but have been modified to include neutrik locking jack sockets, for better reliability and ease of integration with the system. These are on standard d-type panels so could be switched out to speakon, XLR or whatever you want.

The mixer is in perfect condition and has only been used on three gigs, (it's a bit big for the wedding-jazz gigs he does, he now uses a single yamaha passport cab!), apart from one 'label' he made with tip-ex near the mute light to remind him of the orientation - it looks like a handy addition! Operationally perfect, I've just tested everything, and there are no crackles or problems anywhere on it. The cabs have had use, and have a few scuffs and marks, although there are no dents in the grilles and they look great. Again, operationally perfect with no rattles - this rig is LOUD when cranked, and will be great for smaller gigs on its own, and great for bigger gigs with extra bins (although I'm captain overkill when it comes to PA and have put a 40K rig in for an audience of 300, so don't listen to anything I say!).

That's about it, any questions, feel free to ask. The whole package cost about £1000 when new, so I'll start at a price of [s]£600[/s] £450 and now with free UK delivery. Delivery, collection or meeting possible, I'm based near blackpool. No cables are included in this sale, Martin wanted to keep them for his yamaha rig, but you can use two jack-jack speaker cables and a kettle lead to run the whole thing!

£450 posted for a quality, compact lightweight 600W rig with effects, offers welcomed, I'll have to run them past Martin first though! photos are quite high-res, so have a look around the features and channel strips on the mixer (I even nulled the desk for you!) and the adaptations and connections on the cabs.

Final price drop to £425 posted in the UK.

Edited by jamesf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jamesf' post='622664' date='Oct 10 2009, 08:34 PM']weekend bump, offers anyone??[/quote]

Final price drop to £425 before I give up, I'll leave it at this price for a week then give it back to the owner if it remains unsold, it's a hell of a price for a compact lightweight 600 watt PA in excellent condition.

[quote name='jamesf' post='623328' date='Oct 11 2009, 06:56 PM']Final price drop to £425 before I give up, I'll leave it at this price for a week then give it back to the owner if it remains unsold, it's a hell of a price for a compact lightweight 600 watt PA in excellent condition.[/quote]

Hi
Do the speakers have top hats for sticking on poles?
Thanks

[quote name='OldGit' post='623337' date='Oct 11 2009, 07:03 PM']Hi
Do the speakers have top hats for sticking on poles?
Thanks[/quote]

Hi, they don't at the moment, but I'm sure Martin got some made for them - if you're interested I'll give him a ring and check, but they don't have them built in, they'll bolt on to the bottom mounts (will still be secure).