Why become a member? ×

Paulo Gregoletto signature Warlock

Gust0o

On the basis that you can never have enough pointy basses, I've been umm'ing and ah'ing over my next BC Rich purchase. Given the lack of any nice vintage models this side of the Atlantic, I've been tempted into a nice custom shop model for my 30th... but that's 2yrs+ away!

So, living in the now, I have GAS. I'd love a five, so I think we're onto the Paulo Gregoletto signature 5-string Warlock. It probably helps that I have time for Trivium.

However, this thing isn't exactly common on the ground in the UK. Long shot, but has anyone managed to have a go on one? It's £400, so I wouldn't cry if I clicked 'buy' and hated it - but it would be good to hear some opinions.

BC Rich normally get a hard time. Class Axe did them no favours, and some of the stigma has stuck - especially given the aesthetics of it all, and the prevalence of the entry-ranges. You do find some amazing examples in the States, but we're a little more austere on this side of the water.

Coincidentally, Paulo also plays a long-horn NT Mock - a very nice bit of kit! His Eagle five is also cool, but I've got myself the perfect Eagle for me already.

I'm not really fazed by the use of a bolt-on neck. NT would be ideal, but you'd pay for it - and none of my NJ bolt-ons have disappointed. Sure, I doubt it's going to match the custom, but the price tag doesn't either. Long shot finding someone whose played one I suspect!

i'm pretty sure the NT mockingbird basses are only £400-£500 over here?

Yeah, [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=9233"]there[/url] you go

I just think the NT ones are probably much better, they seem to be more similar to back in the day when they used to make consistantly good instruments, like the eagle. Of course never having played one, i couldn't really know.

Edited by budget bassist