Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mowac's Jaydee MK2 in cherry red

Mowac

[attachment=31437:DSC00117.JPG]Here is the first picture of this bass as it looked when it first arrived.(far left) It didn't look like it does now after I first got my hands on it three years ago. I won the bass from a lovely gentleman by the name of Alistair Bibby in the U.K. on Ebay. I refurbished it with all new hardware and also replaced the active control board myself. I also had it refretted and the fingerboard re-planed (sanded down high spot till it was flush with the rest of the fingerboard) as it had a high spot around the third fret. I also had John Diggins make me some of the new SN2000 humbucker pickups and I installed those myself. It looks like a new bass now. A labor of love that has given me back it's reward in being able to play this commodore of a bass the way it was meant to be played. My very first bass was a Yamaha BB614(no longer have), and this Jaydee was my second bass. Here is the bass as it looks now after refurbishment:

Edited by Mowac

[quote name='Mowac' post='578362' date='Aug 23 2009, 05:51 PM'][attachment=31437:DSC00117.JPG]Here is the first picture of this bass as it looked when it first arrived.(far left) It didn't look like it does now after I first got my hands on it three years ago. I refurbished it with all new hardware and also replaced the active control board myself. I also had it refretted and the fingerboard re-planed (sanded down high spot till it was flush with the rest of the fingerboard) as it had a high spot around the third fret. I also had John Diggins make me some of the new SN2000 humbucker pickups and I installed those myself. It looks like a new bass now. A labor of love that has given me back it's reward in being able to play this commodore of a bass the way it was meant to be played. My very first bass was a Yamaha BB614(no longer have), and this Jaydee was my second bass. Here is the bass as it looks now after refurbishment:[/quote]

Another fine bass sir!

Nick

[quote name='gary mac' post='580933' date='Aug 26 2009, 02:51 AM']That looks just lovely. Well done on the refurb, time well spent.

All the best, Gary[/quote]
.....time and money well spent. This project cost me almost 600 GBP ( at todays exchange rate) for the brand newparts and that included all the hardware, the new SN2000 humbucking pups, and resurfacing and refretting the fingerboard.

Edited by Mowac