Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB2 problem

retroman

Hi Peeps

I have a gorgeous cherry red EB2, that sadly could do with some expert attention.

The problem is with where the neck meets the body. Over the passage of time, the neck joint has moved, so that the only way I can get a reasonable action, is to wind the bridge all the way down until it jams the string mute lever! :)

Would it be possible to sort this, without ruining the finish on the body?? I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a luthier in the Derbyshire/ Notts/ South Yorkshire area?

As you can imagine, I would be heart broken to find that I had entrusted this bass to a complete muppet! :rolleyes:

If it's going to cause me heartache, I think I would rather just carry on enjoying it "as is", and continue to laugh at lumps of plaster falling out the walls! :lol:

Thanks for the replies chaps :)

I suppose I could remove the string mute, but it would seem a shame, as it's such a lovely original old thing. It still gets used........ Every now and again I like to dig it out, and take it to practice with me. The last band I was in, the drummer hated it, as it used to make his kit rattle horrendously!! There's nothing like an EB2 for some trouser flapping vintage action :rolleyes: