Why become a member? ×

Fodera N.Y.C Empire 5

Ricki_Bass_DK

Hello all you deep talkers :)

I've come across a Fodera N.Y.C Empire 5-string which looks kind of nice. It is however located some 4 hours of driving from my home, so I was wondering if any of you bass lovers have ever tried such one. I don't know much about Fodera ( nothing actually ) but I understand that it is special and in the higher end of the scale.
Look here [url="http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=61734311"]Link to Fodera bass[/url]

It is beeing sold for € 2.100,-

Any thoughts on this one?

Deep down regards,
Ricki

Fodera NYC basses are not build by Fodera, but the parts are from the Fodera shop. NYC basses are checked after
being built by the Fodera team.
NYC are the most ''vintage'' basses from the company but because of the Pope preamp are very versatile. My NYC has
an ash body without top and I can get almost every sound I need or might want. It is not a Fodera in the sense of the Monarch/Emperor style. Those are different basses.
Playbility is good, sometimes, due to the set of strings I use the bass needs to be set up differently. Mine's a but heavey but no big problem and the weight adds to the tone.
The price of 2.100 Euro seems to be ok, I paid much more for mine(new).
Anyway, it is fun to play, delivers lots of tones, good built quality.

[quote name='caruso' post='574124' date='Aug 19 2009, 02:28 PM']Fodera NYC basses are not build by Fodera, but the parts are from the Fodera shop. NYC basses are checked after
being built by the Fodera team.
NYC are the most ''vintage'' basses from the company but because of the Pope preamp are very versatile. My NYC has
an ash body without top and I can get almost every sound I need or might want. It is not a Fodera in the sense of the Monarch/Emperor style. Those are different basses.
Playbility is good, sometimes, due to the set of strings I use the bass needs to be set up differently. Mine's a but heavey but no big problem and the weight adds to the tone.
The price of 2.100 Euro seems to be ok, I paid much more for mine(new).
Anyway, it is fun to play, delivers lots of tones, good built quality.[/quote]

You say that yours is a bit heavy. What is the weight on yours? Is your pu-combination also jj?

[quote name='Ricki_Bass_DK' post='574267' date='Aug 19 2009, 02:03 PM']You say that yours is a bit heavy. What is the weight on yours? Is your pu-combination also jj?[/quote]
Yes, it's jj configuration from S.D.

Regarding the weight: my bathroom scale reads ca. 5.1 kgs.