Why become a member? ×

Electro-Harmonix, fun and fuzz

JHBASS

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, so i hope its ok! :rolleyes:

Im currently in need of fuzz/grit to add to my sound for some songs my band does. Ive got my eye on some electro-harmonix pedals, because of their price points, durability etc. Has anybody had a any experience of the Bass Blogger (good or bad) or the Bass Big Muff (once again good or bad). Any info and suggestions will be greatly thanked :).

Cheers

Josh

Hi Josh, welcome to the forums.

The Big Muff is very fuzzy I find, great if you want a really dirty sound... but a good one at that. The Bass blogger has mixed reviews, but being a joint Fuzz/Overdrive it would seems somewhat more versatile!

I actually just picked one up off eBay for £30 and it should come tomorrow so I'll post my feedback on it here then!

Hope it helps

Shep

The Bass Big Muff is an excellent pedal. It soesn't lose the bottom end unlike most fuzz/drive pedals and yet still sounds like a classic Muff. Couple this with the ability to blend in your dry signal as well to create a bi-amping type effect means it is also very versatile. I don't leave home without one!

Right, after getting a few electric shocks earlier I finally managed to have a play with the Bass Blogger.

To be honest I am very impressed.

In 'Fuzz Mode' I would say it is very similar to the Big Muff, but with a little less sustain. Considering you basically have one pot for tone and one for drive, there are a surprising amount of sounds you can get out of this! In Overdrive mode it comes into its own though. Very chunky and fat with a good crunch. Reminds me of the bass sound from 'CLUNK' off Limp Bizkits debut album all those years ago... which I liked very much!

I also like the fact that in drive mode the volume pot becomes redundant as it matches your clean output signal perfectly, meaning no jump or loss in the ix.

Very very impressed. best Overdrive I have owned to date...

Thats great to here shep, tbh, i think a Big Muff may just over cook it on the fuzz front. I liked the verstillity of the Blogger, im just very confused at the number of bad reviews about it! I shall have to go down to GAK in Brighton, and hope they have both to try out!

Cheers,

Josh