Why become a member? ×

Overwater Custom Fretless 4

bythesea

I know, i know.
Its a later model than the one I have, i think this may be an Artisan(?) same basic shape but 'plainer', still, would make a nice twin.
Only thing is I have already bought 2 basses this week - a cracking Levinson B4 and a Zoot S4 :) and this is me trying to cut down!!!!
AND i want doctorbass' sparkly G&L ASAT........that is a total bargain!

BB

That Levinson seems to sell well - must have a listen to one sometime, and judging by your other posts I guess that was the ebay Zoot that came back up? I was watching that both times round - nice bass. And as you say the G&L looks good..

But it would look good with the other one...

I'd better stop now before I get you into more trouble :)

SH*T!!! Alarm bells now ringing - came acrsos the Zoot with literally 30 seconds to go and just jumped in.
Just now checked the eBay thread on BC and this allegedly sold on the 8 july for £351.
been in touch with guy this afternoon via ebay and paid by paypal as he had 0 feedback but not happy til I see it.

BB

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='567132' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:52 PM']I know, i know.
Its a later model than the one I have, i think this may be an Artisan(?) same basic shape but 'plainer', still, would make a nice twin.
Only thing is I have already bought 2 basses this week - a cracking Levinson B4 and a Zoot S4 :) and this is me trying to cut down!!!!
AND i want doctorbass' sparkly G&L ASAT........that is a total bargain!

BB[/quote]

Don't think it's an Artisan - mine has a more rounded shape. The guy I bought mine from mentioned this type - he had one before he got his Artisan ('91) - it's a one-piece mahogany neck/body which is less stronger than the laminated ones - he had to return that bass because the neck went warp....This one looks great though - if it wasn't for the Jaydee I'd be all over this one!

[quote name='JanSpeeltBas' post='567190' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:26 PM']Don't think it's an Artisan - mine has a more rounded shape. The guy I bought mine from mentioned this type - he had one before he got his Artisan ('91) - it's a one-piece mahogany neck/body which is less stronger than the laminated ones - he had to return that bass because the neck went warp....This one looks great though - if it wasn't for the Jaydee I'd be all over this one![/quote]

Its an Original series bass, not an Artisan as Jan points out - lovely! BB - my Steiny wants a word with you!!!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='568586' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:56 AM']................BB - my Steiny wants a word with you!!![/quote]

Mint XL2 on eBay couple of hours drive away, but its 1 of only thirty that were silver!!!!! :) no likey!

BB

Edited by BarnacleBob

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='567183' date='Aug 12 2009, 07:20 PM']SH*T!!! Alarm bells now ringing - came acrsos the Zoot with literally 30 seconds to go and just jumped in.
Just now checked the eBay thread on BC and this allegedly sold on the 8 july for £351.
been in touch with guy this afternoon via ebay and paid by paypal as he had 0 feedback but not happy til I see it.

BB[/quote]

Panic over - Zoot bass arrived safely and a cracker it is too - Bartolinis and Aguilar 3 band EQ! Luvverly!

BB