Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1970's Ampeg 810 :D

bigevilman

I bought this yesterday from Antones in Hull. I saw it about a year ago, but it wasn't for sale. It belonged to the owner of the shop, and was using it regularly. I saw it again a couple of months ago, but this time it was up for sale. I decided to give it a blast, and it sounded beautiful :)

Unfortunately, at that point, I'd just finished my second year at Uni, and the money situation wasn't looking brilliant :/.

Fast forward to yesterday....I'd been paid a week ago, and had a little bit of spare cash....After failing to haggle the owner down, I bought it for £499...still a brilliant price for a 810 me thinks, especially one of that age!

[attachment=30676:IMG_0232.JPG]
[attachment=30677:IMG_0236.JPG]
[attachment=30678:IMG_0237.JPG]

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='566056' date='Aug 11 2009, 05:13 PM']Very nice cab, antones is a nice little shop. I usually like to visit repercussion which is next door and sometimes i'll have a look in there too. I've always found the staff very helpful and friendly.[/quote]

Aye the guys in there were so helpful, they even fitted a badass onto my mexican jazz and restrung it for free while I waited which was nice of them.