Why become a member? ×

Anyone used a promotion company to promote their band?

Linus27

Been chatting to some friend who work in the music industry about the current state of affairs, and one thing they said to me was about paying for a promotion company to promote the band when releasing something. Using them to get radio airplay, TV airplay, media promotion etc etc. They said its about £1500 per month and if releasing an album then do 3 months promotion.

In my old band we did this and get our songs plugged and played on XFM, Radio 1, in the press etc but the record company sorted all that out for us. Now I am in a new band and its 8 years down the line, we are thinking about doing this ourselves when we release our first couple of singles next year. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and any experience, tips advice etc.

Similar thing just happened to the band I am in.

We recieved an email from a PR company - expressing an interest in managing us, they do quite a few others things besides music which is a bit odd.

We already do quite a lot of gigs around Sheffield/Barnsley/Doncaster/Rotherham and further afield every now and then and we'll be on BBC Radio Sheffield in October and do all our own recording, promotion, arraging gigs.

They are called Bouce Management, anyone else heard of them or dealt with them in the past?

Cheers.