Why become a member? ×

Am I too big!?

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='562305' date='Aug 6 2009, 09:56 PM']Gives me an idea........

When i hit middle age i'm gonna custom order a bass with a huuuuuge belly scoop (it'll be 5mm thick in the middle, enough to cover my eventual gargantuan belly), reckon i could patent the idea and make a fortune![/quote]

Alternatively buy an acoustic bass and simply take the back out - it's what I'd need.
Also has the advantage that you could scratch your belly button through the sound hole!

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Rayman' post='564120' date='Aug 9 2009, 01:36 PM']I'm 6'3" and 18st last time I looked, that's just horrendous.

I've always been a large chap, but there's no excuse for the size of my belly currently. Believe it or not maybe 6-7 years ago I was fit as a fiddle. I used to go mountain biking and to the gym most nights of the week, but since the kids came along that all went out of the window. I played American football for many years too in the 90s, but that's just resulted in my knees being almost unusable these days, and another excuse for not going out on my bike which is gathering dust in the shed.

To top it all, I'm almost certainly about to be confirmed as type 2 diabetic, which will mean a serious change in my diet. So I guess that'll get the weight down a bit.[/quote]

As I said, I made a conscious decision Feb last year to shed some weight leading up my 'significant' birthday this year. So I gave up biscuits, cake, chocolate, crisps etc, took up mountain-biking, free-weights, exercising more and started eating more sensibly. It's mainly a state of mind. Now I see 'larger' people and think to myself, that's what I looked like, what a bloater!! Now I've shed 4 stone, have a 6-pack, don't get out of puff, and feel much heathier - and I'll probably be around longer to enjoy the kids.

Ross (ex-FB)