Why become a member? ×

T-Bass by status investigation

davidmpires

Hi everyone

I bought a T-bass by Status from Bass Gallery last November and since then I've been trying to gather as much information as I can.

This is what I gathered so far.

There were two series a 90's one and a SE edition

Mine is a 98 SE edition.

My teacher back at home bought one new, I think it was an SE in natural oil, but I can't be sure as I haven't checked the serial number.

Some of them I think the SE ones came with a hum cancelling pick up under the pickguard, I'm going to check mine tonight.

Initally I was told that they only did 100 4 strings and 100 5 strings. But Rob Green thinks he made only 50 of each, but I don't know, I have yet to find an SE with a serial number higher than mine. (031)

Another thing I've noticed is that all non SE models seem to have caps on the pick ups while mine has exposed poles.

I've tried to register on the Status forum to ask some questions but I've never received the activation email so I couldn't do it.

If you have any information I would really appreciate.

I fell in love with this bass years ago when my teacher bought one and now I'm a proud owner of one too :)

Check the picks

[quote name='davidmpires' post='561878' date='Aug 6 2009, 12:05 PM']Hi everyone

I bought a T-bass by Status from Bass Gallery last November and since then I've been trying to gather as much information as I can.

This is what I gathered so far.

There were two series a 90's one and a SE edition

Mine is a 98 SE edition.

My teacher back at home bought one new, I think it was an SE in natural oil, but I can't be sure as I haven't checked the serial number.

Some of them I think the SE ones came with a hum cancelling pick up under the pickguard, I'm going to check mine tonight.

Initally I was told that they only did 100 4 strings and 100 5 strings. But Rob Green thinks he made only 50 of each, but I don't know, I have yet to find an SE with a serial number higher than mine. (031)

Another thing I've noticed is that all non SE models seem to have caps on the pick ups while mine has exposed poles.

I've tried to register on the Status forum to ask some questions but I've never received the activation email so I couldn't do it.

If you have any information I would really appreciate.

I fell in love with this bass years ago when my teacher bought one and now I'm a proud owner of one too :)

Check the picks[/quote]
Nice bass! Always wanted a 5string T bass :0

AFAIK ALL T basses have the hum cancelling pick up under the pick guard...

Other than that, I know nothing except that I want one!