Why become a member? ×

What allen key for Ibanez RS800 bridge?

jmstone

I have an old Ibanez Roadster (see [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45076"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45076[/url] ), which I have been borrowing for almost a year now.. it's still in my possession and have been trying to buy it, but the original owner seems to have disappeared off the radar...

In any case, I've been cleaning it up, and looking to adjust the bridge to get it in a more playable condition (the action is pretty high at the moment). I was wondering if anyone knows what size allen key I should get?

James

• 1 month later...

Hi James. Looked at the pics again and the saddles are slightly different to my RS924 although the bridge baseplate looks the same. However - I'd be very surprised if the allen key size was different - so I expect it will be a standard metric 1.5mm key. In fact most instruments that aren't US or vintage UK (which both use imperial sizes) will use this size key.

If you don't have a set of allen keys you'll be able to get a decent set of various sizes from B&Q or similar place, for a few quid. I recommend the type with a ball-shaped end on the longer part - these can be incredibly useful for reaching awkward screws, such as truss rod adjusters.

Hope this helps - Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='607512' date='Sep 24 2009, 11:05 AM']Hi James. Looked at the pics again and the saddles are slightly different to my RS924 although the bridge baseplate looks the same. However - I'd be very surprised if the allen key size was different - so I expect it will be a standard metric 1.5mm key. In fact most instruments that aren't US or vintage UK (which both use imperial sizes) will use this size key.

If you don't have a set of allen keys you'll be able to get a decent set of various sizes from B&Q or similar place, for a few quid. I recommend the type with a ball-shaped end on the longer part - these can be incredibly useful for reaching awkward screws, such as truss rod adjusters.

Hope this helps - Jon.[/quote]

Thanks Jon! Extremely helpful!

Oh.. by the way, I have noticed that the guitar buzzes quite a lot (varies as I move round the room - so I guess it's a shielding problem?) - do you have any suggestions about fixes?

James