Why become a member? ×

Lets Play God - Some Glasgow Metal

Archetype

[url="http://www.myspace.com/lpgletsplaygod"]Myspace Linkage[/url]

Hey Guys.
Would appreciate some feedback on some tracks. Sadly all recorded, mixed and produced by myself. Then messed up during the mastering stage... *sigh* knew i should have done it myself, but considering it was rushed Its not too bad i think. But anyway. anyone got some feedback?

Cheers
G

Ha! Quality Full Metal Jacket samplage! And the other samples are well done too.
Overall I'd say pretty good for a home effort- the kick trigger doesn't really sit with the reset of the kit that well, but the overall production reminds me of [i]Morbid Visions[/i]-era Sepultura, and I like where you're going with the overall feel. The bass is nice and punchy considering how low it is (I assume you're down in B or C?) but the guitars seem a bit "fizzy"- how were they recorded? Mic'd cabs or DI'd with effects?

Will be keeping an eye out for the name locally :)

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='563854' date='Aug 8 2009, 10:47 PM']Ha! Quality Full Metal Jacket samplage! And the other samples are well done too.
Overall I'd say pretty good for a home effort- the kick trigger doesn't really sit with the reset of the kit that well, but the overall production reminds me of [i]Morbid Visions[/i]-era Sepultura, and I like where you're going with the overall feel. The bass is nice and punchy considering how low it is (I assume you're down in B or C?) but the guitars seem a bit "fizzy"- how were they recorded? Mic'd cabs or DI'd with effects?

Will be keeping an eye out for the name locally :)[/quote]

Thanks man, The kick drum sounded awful. And the trigger was a bitch. I wanted to sit and retime it but the rest of the band wanted it out sooner so i never got the time. Guitars were Mic'd amps. but the distortion pedal (a digitech deathmetal) was a bitch. Sounded really good live but adds soo much compression cause the distortion is up full. Changed for the next album for sure.

And yea the bass is a standard 5 string. 2 tracks of it, one bass heavy tone and one distorted high end only. adds some nice crunch.

Will let you know when were next playing, always happy to add to the crowd numbers :rolleyes:

G