Why become a member? ×

Hello from Yorkshire

Rickg

Hi everybody.

40 something bassman been playing bass for 11 years but guitar for much longer than that. Main bass at the moment is a Highway Fender Jazz Sunburst which I'm liking a lot. Back ups are a TM Stevens Cort and a Yamaha RBX460.

Amps are an Ashdown ABM 1x15 combo and a 2x10 extension cab which again I'm very happy with. Just had my first lesson - the mission being to play Jamerson's line on For Once in My Life. Syncopation!!

Soul is my what I love playing most but am in a few bands that play all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Rickg

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='561042' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:55 AM']Hi from a fellow Yorkshire bassist also playing in a few bands ( SOUL7, EMPRESS, THE REPROBATES )

This is an excellent forum and I am sure you will get many tips etc from the many people who contribute

What bands do you play in ??

Tony[/quote]

I play in a soul band called The Souls of Discretion, a function band - Barefaced Cheek, a tribute band - The Beautiful Southmartens and recently guested for The Charity Dreamgirls. All very occasional - that's why I'm in 3.

[quote name='alembicbassman' post='561615' date='Aug 5 2009, 11:41 PM']Yorkshire rocks !!!

Dad's a Yorkshireman, been living here over 15 years now on and off. Can't knock it, Sheffield is a great place to be right now.

Getting back into bass playing after a few years out of the loop.[/quote]

Welcome on board! Just for information, my good friend and one of the UK's top players, Alan Jones now lives in Treeton, near Rotherham! He's played on more records than I've had hot dinners!

all the best!

Nick