Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ashbury Electro-Acoustic Fretless 4-string

largo

I have a 4-string Ashbury Electro-Acoustic Fretless Bass, like this one [url="http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/bigpic.php?ID=GR5648"]click here[/url]
Bought it on BC, and have now realised I'm not a fretless player. Don't really play it so looking to sell it on for the price I paid, £120 + £20 P&P
Comes with a gig bag. The string chokes/buzzes a little around the 10th - 12th fret on the G string but still a bit of fun to have lying around the house for the right person. Guess it's easily fixed with a decent setup or new bridge, just can't be rsed.

Edited by largo

[quote name='largo' post='559547' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:27 PM']I have a 4-string Ashbury Electro-Acoustic Fretless Bass, like this one [url="http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/bigpic.php?ID=GR5648"]click here[/url]
Bought it on BC, and have now realised I'm not a fretless player. Don't really play it so looking to sell it on for the price I paid, £120 + £20 P&P
Comes with a gig bag. The string chokes/buzzes a little around the 10th - 12th fret on the G string but still a bit of fun to have lying around the house for the right person. Guess it's easily fixed with a decent setup or new bridge, just can't be rsed.[/quote]

Hi,
any idea why it's choking in that particular place? Is there a high spot on the fretboard?
Does it choke in the same spot on the other strings?

It doesn't choke on any other string, and my guess is taking a bit of tension out the neck will cure it. I'll maybe try that tomorrow, and stick a straight edge (steel ruler) along the board to see if it's raised at a particular spot. It doesn't really choke, just more a buzzy note if that makes sense !

Open to suggestions on how I might cure this.

[quote name='alembic1989' post='562175' date='Aug 6 2009, 07:20 PM']Hi,
any idea why it's choking in that particular place? Is there a high spot on the fretboard?
Does it choke in the same spot on the other strings?[/quote]

[quote name='largo' post='562404' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:38 PM']It doesn't choke on any other string, and my guess is taking a bit of tension out the neck will cure it. I'll maybe try that tomorrow, and stick a straight edge (steel ruler) along the board to see if it's raised at a particular spot. It doesn't really choke, just more a buzzy note if that makes sense !

Open to suggestions on how I might cure this.[/quote]

Hi,
how did you get on with the neck....sorted?

Funny, I've just been making some adjustments. Put a small shim under the bridge saddle and it's now fixed the buzz. No buzz on any notes.

[quote name='alembic1989' post='563859' date='Aug 8 2009, 10:52 PM']Hi,
how did you get on with the neck....sorted?[/quote]