Why become a member? ×

Playing music is efing ace.

Well after years of trying to get back into 'it', giving up (more than just playing), and launching failed atempts to play with people who are more intrested in other elements rather than playing, i have finally found that fire again.

I decided to play bass for my friends 'project'. its all his songs etc so i am just a hired gun really (even though he insits thats ot the way) And i've gone back to basics, stripped my gear sound and technique right down to the bare bones. FECK ME ITS GOOD.

I no longer worry about trying to write a line that;s intresting, different, will make me look cool. I play with the song, relax, enjoy the music, not worry about if abillity is gonna be judged by some 9 string noodeling nonce and rock out. I'll add bits when needed IF needed but not for the sake of it.r field.

I am not for one minute nocking more 'adventerous' play but hey music is about fun and passion, coming form the heart and being pure. Not noodling to impress other 'experts' of your field.

i am off up stairs my studio* now to rock out.
p.s. not drunk

*spare bbedroom

[quote name='William James Easton' post='558509' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:31 PM']but hey music is about fun and passion, coming form the heart and being pure.[/quote]
Truest words in the world, EVAAR. Welcome back!

Music is one of the few things that has kept me going for the last 3 years, which has been a spectacularly dark time for me. Gigging & practicing with my band, composing & recording - what I've found myself calling "The Redemptive Power Of Rock 'n Roll". :) :rolleyes:

Somebody on here said last week - apologies for not remembering who - "you don't choose music - music chooses [i]you[/i]".

Can't beat it.

Jon.

[quote name='William James Easton' post='558509' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:31 PM']Well after years of trying to get back into 'it', giving up (more than just playing), and launching failed atempts to play with people who are more intrested in other elements rather than playing, i have finally found that fire again.

I decided to play bass for my friends 'project'. its all his songs etc so i am just a hired gun really (even though he insits thats ot the way) And i've gone back to basics, stripped my gear sound and technique right down to the bare bones. FECK ME ITS GOOD.

I no longer worry about trying to write a line that;s intresting, different, will make me look cool. I play with the song, relax, enjoy the music, not worry about if abillity is gonna be judged by some 9 string noodeling nonce and rock out. I'll add bits when needed IF needed but not for the sake of it.r field.

I am not for one minute nocking more 'adventerous' play but hey music is about fun and passion, coming form the heart and being pure. Not noodling to impress other 'experts' of your field.

i am off up stairs my studio* now to rock out.
p.s. not drunk

*spare bbedroom[/quote]

Inspirational, mate. Truly inspirational. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='558571' date='Aug 2 2009, 04:28 PM']Truest words in the world, EVAAR. Welcome back!

Music is one of the few things that has kept me going for the last 3 years, which has been a spectacularly dark time for me. Gigging & practicing with my band, composing & recording - what I've found myself calling "The Redemptive Power Of Rock 'n Roll". :) :rolleyes:

Somebody on here said last week - apologies for not remembering who - "[b]you don't choose music - music chooses [i]you[/i[/b]]".

Can't beat it.

Jon.[/quote]

that's wicked, must pinch.

[quote name='William James Easton' post='558509' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:31 PM']I no longer worry about trying to write a line that;s intresting, different, will make me look cool. I play with the song, relax, enjoy the music, not worry about if abillity is gonna be judged by some 9 string noodeling nonce and rock out. I'll add bits when needed IF needed but not for the sake of it.r field.[/quote]

I'm sure you'll find that when you're not trying to overplay, your lines will fit nicely with the songs. Also, you'd be surprised what can be played when you're not concentrating too hard.