Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

wesley basses ???????

bassbarber

i played one at the london guitar show or music live or something like that a couple of years ago. like geoffbyrne said, it was awful. horrible neck, sounded rubbish, and IIRC was very heavy. if i were you, i'd definatly play one before you buy.

I've had two Wesley basses and I've still got a Wesley hollow-body electric guitar. The basses were OK, although the frets and nut left something to be desired. Oh, and the electronics too. The hollow-body is an absolute dog to play, but it sounds oddly good. Really thick, meaty sound. My mate has a Wesley hollow-body Tele copy, which is great. Good fit & finish, great sound, but it's the exception to the Wesley rule.

In a nutshell, I think their QC is [i]really[/i] hit and miss. If it was a first bass, it might put you off for life, or it could be a real keeper. What is it, £100? Save a bit more and get a Squier, SX or something like that. And play it before you buy it, if you can.