Why become a member? ×

Is there such a thing as a Jazz 5 hole plate?

GreeneKing

Having acquired a new Sadowsky Pre with VTC I'm planning how I'm going to put it into the Maruszczck. It's not that I feel the bass particularly needs it, more that I hear so many good things about this pre-amp and I like fiddling.

So obvious way ahead is to rout a battery compartment and fit a side mounted jack to give me the 4 holes that I need on the plate.

The battery may fit in the main compartment - I haven't checked yet.

I'd love to keep the jack where it is, is a 5 hole plate available? Can't find one anywhere. Of course the holes might turn out too close together anyway.

Edited by GreeneKing

Thanks I did but I appreciate the pointer.

I need to take the bass apart and see what room is in the cavity. A separate battery box is a neater approach I feel. From previous work with my Bob Glaub I suspect that a side mounted jack is the way to go, unfortunately it probably means a long barrel type that I dislike as they have a greater propensity to fail imo.

I'll disassemble the bass and have a gander.

Edited to say that I've ordered a 3 hole plate and we'll see how it goes. Looking forward to having a Jazz with a difference, 4 controls and a jack :)

Edited by GreeneKing