Why become a member? ×

Left Handed '87 Jaydee Supernatural MK

leftybassman392

I could do with raising some funds for a personal project of a bassy nature, so I'm looking at the possibility of putting my '87 Lefty Jaydee up for sale. There's a pretty full set of pics here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=52234&hl=Jaydee"]Jaydee shots[/url]

Just a feeler for the mo as I haven't definitely decided to sell it yet - although I don't really use it anymore I'm still not sure I want to be parted from it. (Not a sale tactic - I'm genuinely not sure.)

For the record, it's in really superb nick apart from a slight issue with the volume knob - it works, just not quite the way it's supposed to. (Will be sorted by JD before I pass it to anyone else.) The original and somewhat flimsy truss rod was replaced by JD shortly after I got it with a much sturdier item that works flawlessly.

Anybody interested? No real idea what to ask for it as Jaydee prices are up & down like Jock's Horse (old saying from my wife's home town in Scotland - don't ask!)

If anyone would care to suggest what they'd be willing to pay for it then I'm all ears. I have a notional value in my head BTW but that's as far as it goes. No trades guys (unless it's for a vintage Stingray...)

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='soopercrip' post='547240' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:20 AM']Sold my 85 MK on here for £700 last year, appeared on ebay week later and sold for £1100
just a few small blems.
Go figure...
Andy[/quote]

Had a very interesting chat with The Doc about this a little while ago, and he suggested a figure within that range - a bit of added rarity value because it's a lefty. I know it can be hard to predict (especially with these!), but I'm hoping that type of thing will be less likely in the current climate.

I think if I seriously suspected somebody trying to do that I'd probably withdraw it - guess I have a slight trading advantage in that I'm not in desperate need of funds (it would be useful to have the money, but other factors don't actually depend on it).

Edited by leftybassman392

I only paid £800 for it 5 years ago so didn't think 7 was too bad.
When I put it up I was expecting 7 and thats what I got, but I thought it was
going to someone who was going to use it.
Apparantley it was a BC'er who bought it on ebay, so maybe a lesson to keep an eye on the for sale ads?
Good luck with the sale anyway
Andy

[quote name='soopercrip' post='547334' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:35 AM']I only paid £800 for it 5 years ago so didn't think 7 was too bad.
When I put it up I was expecting 7 and thats what I got, but I thought it was
going to someone who was going to use it.
Apparantley it was a BC'er who bought it on ebay, so maybe a lesson to keep an eye on the for sale ads?
Good luck with the sale anyway
Andy[/quote]

Thanks mate. Good luck with the job interview.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='570391' date='Aug 16 2009, 02:31 AM']On hold pending a possible trade. (Has been for over a week actually, but I went on holiday just after details clarified and didn't get the chance to update people. Apologies for any confusion caused.)[/quote]

Jaydee has now gone to a good home just North of Brumingham, and I now have a rather tasty Warwick Thumb 5. Thank to all for the interest. :)