Why become a member? ×

Ampeg PR-1832HE bass enclosure

Ok, much as it grieves me my [b]Ampeg PR-1832HE[/b] bass enclosure has got to go.

The PR-1832HE is a four-way full range bass speaker system, made in the good ole' US of A. This enclosure packs the punch of traditional 2-10 / 4-10 cabinets, but with the added advantage of the built-in [b]18" subwoofer[/b]. This enclosure is designed for high SPL and low distortion. The frequency response is smooth and accurate all the way down to 35Hz.

The PR-1832HE features
A a [color="#FF0000"]single 18", 400 watt, [/color]4" diameter flat wound voice coil sub low frequency transducer
[color="#FF0000"]Two 10", 150 watt [/color]low frequency transducers
[color="#FF0000"]Two 6 -1/2", 75 watt[/color] closed-back mid-frequency transducers
And a bullet horn tweeter to finish it off.

This cabinet is biampable between the 18" sub and the 2-10" low frequency components. Power hanlind is 600W in full range and 1200 W in programmable (whatever that means! :rolleyes: )

Tilt-back cabinet design, 3” dolly-style casters and a heavy-duty rear bar handle make the cabinet easy to move around.

Heavy-duty self-retracting side handles facilitate loading and unloading.

For full spec have a look here [url="http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/PR-1528.PDF"]http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/PR-1528.PDF[/url]. Its the bigger one of the two, don't confuse with the smaller 1528.

Is in generally good nick for something that is 10 years old, acoustically great, cosmetically, the carpet covering is a bit tired at the bottom and the 2 lower corner protectors are missing.

[b]Priced dropped at £395[/b], . It is in Preston Lancs. Buyer will have to collect, and don't expect to get it into the back of a mini :)

Call me on 07780 552606. Doug, After Hours Blues Band

Edited by Bluesbassman

• 4 weeks later...