Why become a member? ×

Bass Amp Head any suggestions

soundbass

[quote name='bassmansky' post='539740' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:36 PM']ashdown abm evo 11 will give you what you are looking for,much better than the newer model as i have had both.some for sale around at the moment.weakest link they certainly aint. :)[/quote]
That's interesting, would they work well with my existing mag 210t and mag115 or should I also consider upgrading the cab to a better one if I am able to get an ABM Evo 2 or 3.

[quote name='soundbass' post='539872' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:15 PM']That's interesting, would they work well with my existing mag 210t and mag115 or should I also consider upgrading the cab to a better one if I am able to get an ABM Evo 2 or 3.[/quote]personally i would get abm cabs to go with the head.If you were thinking of the 500w evo11 or 111 model then a abm 2x10 and 1x15 or 2x2x10's would work well as they are 300w 8ohm cabs,or a 4x10 abm cab is also ideal and would give you enough volume.thats what i use and is loud enough for 90% of the gigs i do.if in a big club i usually use a 1x15 as well.there are some abm cabs for sale on here at the moment at bargain prices! :)

What difference is the in the sound of a Hartke 3500 to the sound of an Ashdown ABM 500?

Which would suite my Ashdown Mag 210T and 115 the best?

Would eith amp be a great improvement over my Mag 300 Head ?

I play a precision bass in a band playing indie style, pop and soft rock ballads

Thanks again

[quote name='soundbass' post='543105' date='Jul 17 2009, 12:11 PM']What difference is the in the sound of a Hartke 3500 to the sound of an Ashdown ABM 500?[/quote]

Hartke is generally clearer and IMO more versatile and has a good compressor and better EQ. Ashdown does good overdrive sounds and has sub octaver. The Hartke valve preamp doesnt give valve od or distortion like the Ashdown, its more to add warmth and sparkle. YMMV.

[quote]Which would suite my Ashdown Mag 210T and 115 the best?[/quote]

Either.

[quote]Would eith amp be a great improvement over my Mag 300 Head ?[/quote]

IMO yes.

Edited by Spartacus

[quote name='soundbass' post='543105' date='Jul 17 2009, 12:11 PM']What difference is the in the sound of a Hartke 3500 to the sound of an Ashdown ABM 500?

Which would suite my Ashdown Mag 210T and 115 the best?

Would eith amp be a great improvement over my Mag 300 Head ?

I play a precision bass in a band playing indie style, pop and soft rock ballads

Thanks again[/quote]
ive never used any hartke gear myself but have heard a few.If you want to keep your mag cabs then either keep your mag head or get the hartke.The abm is completely different to the mag(hence the price difference)and it will not do it justice using it with mag cabs imo.Also those cabs might fart a bit putting 575w into them,but that is only a guess! :)