Why become a member? ×

Morning

ape

Hi,

I thought it was about time I came in here and said hello after me posting lol. I've been playing bass now for about 10years ish and currently playing in a pop/rock/acousticy type band I think would be the best explanation. I've currently got a Warwick Streamer Jazzman, a Ibanez SR800 currently in bits and a Kramer XL9 thats for sale in the sale section to make way for a 6 string ESP 6 string. Oh and I play through a Mark Bass mini cmd121p.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='535568' date='Jul 8 2009, 12:00 PM']Heyy Ape!

Welcome to basschat :)

Z
x[/quote]

Thanks, I tried a Billy Sheehan bass when I brought my warwick a bit random but noticed your username lol.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='535644' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:12 PM']ah Nice :)

if i had the cash, id buy one!

Z
x[/quote]

Lol if it made me play like Billy Sheehan I'd buy one, unfortunately it didn't, it did look very cool though and played nicely, the warwick won me over though.

[quote name='ape' post='535648' date='Jul 8 2009, 01:14 PM']Lol if it made me play like Billy Sheehan I'd buy one, unfortunately it didn't, it did look very cool though and played nicely, the warwick won me over though.[/quote]

Over the past half a year, ive been wanting a warwick more n more.
but..again.. cash is an issue :) lol

Z
x

I'd been wanting a warwick for ages, well that and a stingray I was a bit torn lol. I came to trying a few warwicks, a stingray and the Billy Sheehan signature but went with the Warwick jazzman. Your time will come for one lol, took me years to get one. You don't need that big hands for a Warwick 5 string I dont think, mind you I think the ESP 6 string I want next is alright lol.

[quote name='ape' post='535700' date='Jul 8 2009, 02:16 PM']I'd been wanting a warwick for ages, well that and a stingray I was a bit torn lol. I came to trying a few warwicks, a stingray and the Billy Sheehan signature but went with the Warwick jazzman. Your time will come for one lol, took me years to get one. You don't need that big hands for a Warwick 5 string I dont think, mind you I think the ESP 6 string I want next is alright lol.[/quote]

nah.. you dont need big hands.. you just adapt :)
and i was lookin at the 4s anyway lol.

Im just really into more classic looking basses.
precisions especially.

im after a white MIJ precision

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='535797' date='Jul 8 2009, 04:13 PM']nah.. you dont need big hands.. you just adapt :)
and i was lookin at the 4s anyway lol.

Im just really into more classic looking basses.
precisions especially.

im after a white MIJ precision

Z
x[/quote]

MIJ Precision? whats one of those without sounding too stupid?, yeah it was the looks of warwicks that kept making me avoid them but when it came to its sound and the way it played won me over, I was gutted because I really quite liked the idea of a stingray lol, I've always preferred a jazz to a precision especially if its good and battered and worn. I think if I could have any bass though and had the money it would have to be a Wal, I'd sooo love one or even the chance to just pay one to satisfy my curiosity as they sound pronominal.

[quote name='ape' post='535805' date='Jul 8 2009, 04:20 PM']MIJ Precision? whats one of those without sounding too stupid?, yeah it was the looks of warwicks that kept making me avoid them but when it came to its sound and the way it played won me over, I was gutted because I really quite liked the idea of a stingray lol, I've always preferred a jazz to a precision especially if its good and battered and worn. I think if I could have any bass though and had the money it would have to be a Wal, I'd sooo love one or even the chance to just pay one to satisfy my curiosity as they sound pronominal.[/quote]

Made in japan, japanese precision :)

The warwicks are growing on me though!

if i had all the money in the world for a bass..
id probably still get a precision.. but id shop around loads and find the one that i liked the best.
and it wouldnt be top of the range either.

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='535837' date='Jul 8 2009, 04:53 PM']Made in japan, japanese precision :)

The warwicks are growing on me though!

if i had all the money in the world for a bass..
id probably still get a precision.. but id shop around loads and find the one that i liked the best.
and it wouldnt be top of the range either.

Z
x[/quote]

Ah what colour would you have it in?, no I know what you mean when lookint at the prices of some of the custom shop warwicks they're scary, infact when I went to buy mine there was another one the same as mine other than body shape and a fancy top but was twice the price of mine, it did look very nice but I'm not paying twice as much for a bass that does the same thing just because its got a pretty top lol. Would definately have to be a Wal for me I think, I quite like the look of status bass's as well but never had the chance to play one of those either or hear what they sound like.

[quote name='ape' post='535842' date='Jul 8 2009, 04:59 PM']Ah what colour would you have it in?, no I know what you mean when lookint at the prices of some of the custom shop warwicks they're scary, infact when I went to buy mine there was another one the same as mine other than body shape and a fancy top but was twice the price of mine, it did look very nice but I'm not paying twice as much for a bass that does the same thing just because its got a pretty top lol. Would definately have to be a Wal for me I think, I quite like the look of status bass's as well but never had the chance to play one of those either or hear what they sound like.[/quote]

id love to have the money, just to buy.. try..and sell on ! lol

Z
x

[quote name='ape' post='536306' date='Jul 9 2009, 11:34 AM']Lol now that would be a good idea, or just buy and buy and buy without the selling bit. You never did say what colour you'd have a Japanese precision in if you could?[/quote]

White, with black or tortoise shell (dark..not the ones that look really red) scratch plate

Z
x

White's a nice colour, think the tortoise shell would look better, I nearly brought a orangish coloured Japanese Precision as my first bass but ended up buying a Ibanez instead. Think if I was going to have a fender bass it would either after to be sonic blue or white lol.

[quote name='ape' post='536580' date='Jul 9 2009, 04:44 PM']White's a nice colour, think the tortoise shell would look better, I nearly brought a orangish coloured Japanese Precision as my first bass but ended up buying a Ibanez instead. Think if I was going to have a fender bass it would either after to be sonic blue or white lol.[/quote]

Think im just a big fan of black or white basses lol.

wish i still had my white thunderbird

Z
x

Lol I never really took to the Thunderbird Basses, although I do think white is a nice colour, I prefered the SG style basses EB's I think, now one of those in white would look seriously nice me thinks.