Why become a member? ×

playing/recording bass though computer

mister g

how can i cheaply and easily play me` bass through me` computer ,(not good with computers by the way).
it may also help if i mention the bass in use will be active,
all help very gratefully recieved :) ,
also looking for a headphone amp or very small practice amp as trust me i need to practice a lot more,
many thanks ,mark :rolleyes: .

Line 6, Waves, IK Multimedia and Native instruments all make guitar amp emulation software. Line 6 and NI also sell theirs with USB audio interfaces, I'd recommend the Line 6 toneport studio UX1 for simple bass recordings. It's fairly cheap and easy to use. In terms of a practice amp there are loads out there, look for something that has a headphone out socket on it and an aux in for playing other sound sources through the amp. The Roland Bass Micro cube RX is a great practice amp, it can run off batteries and has a tuner, metronome, effects, 3 band EQ and a compressor.
Hope this helps.

See the article on this page about Guitar Rig LE free in Computer Music. That is a really good deal and a cracking piece of amp modelling software. Get something like the stealthplug interface and that and you would be sorted.