Why become a member? ×

Guitar Rig LE in Computer Music

Prosebass

Just thought I'd share the fact that in Computer Music is the full version of Guitar Rig LE.
You just need to register a Native Instruments account to get the activation code.
It works either as a VST plugin or as a stand alone program.
Worth the price of the mag definately.

Blimey that's a great deal! Especially as LE contains the only bass amp model. Tthe only difference between it and the full version for bass players is therefore really in the effects department but there are other VSTs that are free and can deliver there.

[quote name='dr.funk' post='535056' date='Jul 7 2009, 07:43 PM']Blimey that's a great deal! Especially as LE contains the only bass amp model. Tthe only difference between it and the full version for bass players is therefore really in the effects department but there are other VSTs that are free and can deliver there.[/quote]

I have been using it and it is good, one of the best features is it will work as a standalone product so its worth trying if you are not into computer DAW's as you can use your PC / Laptop for practice with headphones.
It has a full suite of effects including phasers, flangers, chorus, distortion along with compression and although only 1 bass amp is featured the guitar amps are good for bass and there is a multitude of cabs.
In addition to this it has a "player" that you load a backing track into to play along with and you can bring another player up to record yourself.
Certainly worth £5.99

[quote name='Prosebass' post='537126' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:36 AM']I have been using it and it is good, one of the best features is it will work as a standalone product so its worth trying if you are not into computer DAW's as you can use your PC / Laptop for practice with headphones.
It has a full suite of effects including phasers, flangers, chorus, distortion along with compression and although only 1 bass amp is featured the guitar amps are good for bass and there is a multitude of cabs.
In addition to this it has a "player" that you load a backing track into to play along with and you can bring another player up to record yourself.
Certainly worth £5.99[/quote]

Ah yes, I run it standalone or in Ableton Live as my practice rig. The player deck is killer, really useful to slow things down and the loop function is handy too. Makes it hard to justify something like one of those tascam units..

• 2 weeks later...