Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fret light....fret fx?

BassistJonathan

[quote name='BassistJonathan' post='56228' date='Sep 5 2007, 08:28 PM']Sorry if this is in the wrong category but does anyone know where I can buy fretfx merchandise in the UK. I know about the aurora project but I frankly don't have that much cash. I would quite like to get something similar to fretfx thats available in America for a lot cheaper.

Suggestions?[/quote]

Fret FX work well and would set you back in the region of 60 - 80 quid depending in options once you add up VAT, import duties etc. But it works well though, Roz has made me a few custom sets now (different wiring options). The low setting is all you need to see on dark stages (I have several dotless black carbon graphite necked basses --- so they fretfx system is a real help in dark places). , and though he is finnicky about it, if you know your electrons and solder you can modify the system.

You can't see it from here but the bass in the avatar has the fret fx system, with the switch and batteryy pack on the body which I modified out of the stock Fretfx system (The headstock is the fly headstock and has no 'real estate' for the battery block - I gave Roz a lot of grief on this bass trying out different battery systems, coin batteries , lithium batteries etc..eventually we had some kind of coin battery pack but it would only last one gig - the conventional battery packs lasts for months.)

Edited by synaesthesia