Why become a member? ×

1972 Gibson EB3 for sale

FrankersD

Hello

I'm new here. I joined the forum because I want to sell my cherry red Gibson EB3 bass. It's in good condition, has some nicks and scratches, and loads of character. Overall it's a beautiful instrument which has excellent tone.

I bought it six years ago from Vintage and Rare Guitars on Denmark Street. I have had it recently valued at £1500 so I want to sell it for that or thereabouts. I also have a purple-lined hard case (minus handle).

If you're interested the serial number is 737722. I love the bass but I need to liquidate some of my assets at the moment and to be honest I'm not playing it much. It deserves a good home.

Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested and if so PM me. I have lots of photos and I live in north London.

Cheers

Dan

That is stunning!

Never played one myself but Trevor Bolder who played with David Bowie back in the '70s used an EB3 and I always loved that 'woody tone' he used to get from it..

Is this the short scale or the long scale model? Whatever, it's a classic bass and one we don't often see here on Basschat so it's a real treat!

Good luck with the sale :)

I absolutely love these due to the Jack Bruce sound, and would have bitten your arm off for this not too long ago before I bought my Les Paul bass. Have a free bump though for a very pretty old thing!

:wub:

• 10 months later...

Is your bass still for sale?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

[quote name='FrankersD' post='532725' date='Jul 5 2009, 02:04 AM']Hello

I'm new here. I joined the forum because I want to sell my cherry red Gibson EB3 bass. It's in good condition, has some nicks and scratches, and loads of character. Overall it's a beautiful instrument which has excellent tone.

I bought it six years ago from Vintage and Rare Guitars on Denmark Street. I have had it recently valued at £1500 so I want to sell it for that or thereabouts. I also have a purple-lined hard case (minus handle).

If you're interested the serial number is 737722. I love the bass but I need to liquidate some of my assets at the moment and to be honest I'm not playing it much. It deserves a good home.

Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested and if so PM me. I have lots of photos and I live in north London.

Cheers

Dan[/quote]

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...