Why become a member? ×

I broke my RC-2 :'(

ergon

Well like a complete moron i hought it would be safe to leave my RC-2 on the floor for a few hours and with only myself to blame, trod on and resultingly bent the volume knob :)
I've had a trawl on the internet with little luck, does anyone know if it is possible to get hold of spare parts for my RC-2 pedal or is it a case of remove the broken switch and attempt to bend it back to shape?
It wasn't cheap (around £130 at the time) and I don't want to find that it's broken with no warranty to cover it. Please make suggestions if you can, thank you.

[quote name='ergon' post='529757' date='Jul 1 2009, 05:08 PM']Well like a complete moron i hought it would be safe to leave my RC-2 on the floor for a few hours and with only myself to blame, trod on and resultingly bent the volume knob :)
I've had a trawl on the internet with little luck, does anyone know if it is possible to get hold of spare parts for my RC-2 pedal or is it a case of remove the broken switch and attempt to bend it back to shape?
It wasn't cheap (around £130 at the time) and I don't want to find that it's broken with no warranty to cover it. Please make suggestions if you can, thank you.[/quote]

Considering that you have nothing to loose, I would try to bend it back.

You can also contact Roland (+44 (0) 1792 702701). They can probably sell you the spare part. (I think that under UE regulations they have to)

If I was near a Maplin Electronics shop, I'd pop in with the unit and ask someone. They stock pots, resistors, etc etc. Unfortunatey these shops are staffed with a ratio of about one clued-up person to four clueless ones, so YMMV.

Edited by sdgrsr400

if you decide to sell it for spares/repairs at a vastly reduced price, can I have first dibs :lol:

seriously tho' I agree with SilentFly, you may as well try to bend it back. Take your time with it, you might want to prise the knob off :) and then bend the shaft straight :rolleyes: