Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 2x12 Cab?????

NJE

Hello,

I have been looking at changing my cab for a while now as the ABM 4x8 cab I have, as brilliant as it is, is just not moving enough bass for my liking. i am thinking about adding a 15" to the setup but not sure I want the hassle of two cabs to move.

Anyway, I just went to my local shop and they have a Ashdown ABM 2x12" cab rated at 4ohms. I know my ashdown gear reasonably well and I have never seen or heard of this cab before. Its seems like an ideal solution, bigger cab, bigger speakers and will allow me to get the full power out of my ABM EVO II 300. It also has a HF tweeter which look sas if it is switchable!

Does anyone out there know what happened to this cab, where it came from or has anyone got one or used one? i am going to take my head and bass around next week but just after some info in the meantime.

Cheers.

Nathan

Edited by NJE

was it like the one jon entwhistle used?i think there is a picture of it on ashdowns website.Or i think they made a few in a normal abm cab,probably the size of their 4x10 cabs.whichever one it is they are now discontinued.if it has the celestion drivers in i would think it sounds sweet.imo those drivers are much better than the blueline ones they use now.

I had a look at the Ashdown site and its not the same as the Entwhistle 2x12. I did a bit of digging and I did find a 2x12" cab Ashdown mase in 98 but it was apparently stopped in 98 and looks like the really old ABM stuff.

The cab I have seen is about the size of a 4x10 but has the two twelves offset like the EBS 2x12. It is also the really new ABM design with the big silver round handles on the side, big Ashdown emblem on the front and metal grill. It looks brand new and by the looks of it has the blue speakers.

I have no idea but might ring Ashdown tomorrow and see if it is legit and see if they can tell me more.

[quote name='bassmansky' post='524972' date='Jun 26 2009, 04:25 PM']was it like the one jon entwhistle used?i think there is a picture of it on ashdowns website.Or i think they made a few in a normal abm cab,probably the size of their 4x10 cabs.whichever one it is they are now discontinued.if it has the celestion drivers in i would think it sounds sweet.imo those drivers are much better than the blueline ones they use now.[/quote]

[quote name='NJE' post='526941' date='Jun 28 2009, 07:20 PM']I had a look at the Ashdown site and its not the same as the Entwhistle 2x12. I did a bit of digging and I did find a 2x12" cab Ashdown mase in 98 but it was apparently stopped in 98 and looks like the really old ABM stuff.

The cab I have seen is about the size of a 4x10 but has the two twelves offset like the EBS 2x12. It is also the really new ABM design with the big silver round handles on the side, big Ashdown emblem on the front and metal grill. It looks brand new and by the looks of it has the blue speakers.

I have no idea but might ring Ashdown tomorrow and see if it is legit and see if they can tell me more.[/quote]
they are usually very helpful but might struggle on this one!unless someone had one specially made and they have the details.perhaps someone has modified a 4x10?The blueline speakers are ok just that there are better ones out there.definately ring them and let us know how you get on.might be interested in a 2x12 myself! :)