Why become a member? ×

Hello to all

Dizzy_G

Since I posted in my first thread yesterday I decided to say hello as I have been registered and lurking for quiet a while.

"Hello"

I'm based in Ireland and have picked up my bass again after many many years of it lying idle, I used to play a fair bit when I was in my teens. Now with a few years ages and a small bit of wisdom I’m trying again. A bit different this time round, getting more into the musical and technical side of things now and will be getting a few lessons to try and keep me on track, I used to play clarinet which I was pretty handy at but that is a fond memory too. It is weird what happens when a young lad discovers alcohol and ladies.
Not with any band at the mo, just playing for the fun and enjoyment. I do meet up with a guy I work with who plays piano keyboard just for a bit of practice and craic, he has plenty of patients.
Like to tinker with stuff too so there are loads of half finished pedals all over my place, will post pics once I get them up and running, hopefully.

I have to say there is lots of great info here and thanks to all who post. Looking forward to spending more time here.

D_G