Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Teachers in Harrogate?

TK4108

[quote name='TK4108' post='521987' date='Jun 23 2009, 07:26 PM']Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a bass guitar instructor in the Harrogate area that is willing to work with an adult beginner.

Cheers![/quote]
Welcome TK to basschat. There's a few of us in Harrogate on Basschat. We even held this year's (so far) Yorkshire Basschat Bash in Harrogate. Maybe you could elucidate on what things you wanted to be coached on, and then maybe some ideas for teachers can be forthcoming?

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, I was at the Bass Bash. I was the one taking pictures. :) It was really great meeting everyone any seeing their toys. (I've been lurking for awhile now....)

To be honest, I'm after a good foundation in the basics. (No pun intended.) I would like to learn how to hold down the bottom end while playing with friends or just messing around at home. I love the virtuosos, but I have much humbler expectations for myself.

As far as styles go, I like a variety of music. For bass, I like Rockabilly, classic rock, modern rock, blues, Motown and a bit of folk. I know that doesn't narrow things down much... I guess you could say that I'm more interested keeping great time playing twelve-bar blues than playing fusion Jazz solos. Well, not that I could do either at the moment.

I would like to find some one to help show me the ropes a bit. More importantly, I need help focusing my practice (or lack there of). As a dad (aka gardener, "taxi" driver, coach, etc.), I need to make the best of the little bit of practice time that I have. This would also take someone with a bit of patience. I love music, but I can't say that I pick it up fast. It is like I want to write poetry, but I'm just learning the alphabet...

I hope that helps. Thanks again!