Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 5 string neck through

Snarf

I have put this bass up for sale in the past, but ended up selling other bits of kit so I could keep hold of this... but, now unfortunately it really has to go :) Sooo... I dug out my old thread, dusted it off and gave it a new lease of life. Ish.

Up for grabs is my Warwick Thumb NT 5, dating back to 2003 when I ordered it from new. I requested a different pups and pup configuration, but this is the only difference between this and the standard 5 string NT.

Description of this beauty -
Bubinga pomelle body, with an ovangkol neck and ebony fretboard... MEC electronics and active pick ups (two soapbars), scale length is 34", 26 frets, black hardware... For a more comprehensive list of features and specs, see here [url="http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=14449&cl=EN"]http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/pro...14449&cl=EN[/url]
The sustain is fantastic, plus the B string is one of the clearest and best sounding and feeling low B I've heard on a bass - it beats the low B on my bolt-on Thumb 6 hands down.

The condition is great, although there are now a couple of slight marks on it. I've kept it waxed and always played it with care so have kept the wear on it to a minimum. I've only played it live once, it's mainly been used for rehearsals and some home recording.

It comes in an indestructible Warwick hard case, along with truss rod adjusting tool, manual, certificate and a tub of wax that is still relatively fresh.

THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD.

Edited by Snarf

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh Mr Snarf thats a beauty,

I am interested but I am also just off on hols so I will need to asses my finances when I get back in a couple of weeks. If you still have it then could I pop round and try it out.

All the best
Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Mr Snarf

I am back from my hols and the car has passed its MOT. So can I come round and give it a try. Next weekend is probably best for me although some evenings this week will be free but it would be fairly short notice as to which evenings are free.

All the best
Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...